Saturday, 4 February 2017

American, British and Canadian Studies Special Issue on "Contemporary Crime Fiction"

The weeks and months have flown by since my last blog post.  Much of my time has been taken up by the RCUK-funded research project on transnational human trafficking and its representation, which I am a Co-Investigator on. You can read about it on our project blog here http://representinghumantrafficking.blogspot.co.uk/

But the last couple of months have also offered opportunity for me to read, review, and pull together the special issue on "Contemporary Crime Fiction" which I am editing for the journal  American, British and Canadian Studies.  I am very pleased to have been given this opportunity by the journal, and they have been a pleasure to work with.



I am very excited about this special issue, which will offer a number of compelling and insightful research articles, as well as a number of creative pieces and book reviews. Important subgenres and areas of interest within contemporary crime fiction will be investigated, and ongoing critical debates and discussions of crime fiction will be evaluated and revisited. 



The potential and manyfold possibilities of crime fiction never cease to fascinate me.  It has been a great experience to work with the authors of these articles and contributions, and I can't wait to see the finished published issue in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.